We love finding new uses for things that have been around forever. Sometimes we tend to get stuck in our thinking and only use a product for the intention it was created. We were amazed when we discovered all the creative things people are doing with the good o’ rubberband. Who knew?
1. To keep clothes from slipping off hangers, attach rubberbands around the ends.
2. Use a rubberband to screw in a stripped screw.
3. Use a paperclip and a rubberband to bind pages of a book together.
4. To keep sliced apple sections from browning, slice the apple, then rubberband the pieces back together.
5. Keep glasses from slipping out of little hands or elderly hands, add a few rubber bands around it.
6. Nailpolish top stuck? Wrap a rubberband around the lid to give you a beter grip.
7. Exercise your forearm extensors using large rubberbands.
8. Rubberband a microfiber cloth to a Swiffer for a reusable alternative to the one-use purchased sheets.
9. Decorate a Dollar Store vase/candleholder: Randomly add rubberbands, spray paint with frosted glass spray paint.
10. Attach rubberbands randomly on eggs before dying them.
11. Easy decorating! Add colored rubberbands to cheap glasses. Match the rubber band colors to the holiday or event.
12. Pull a balloon over a clean tin can and securely attach with a rubber band. This will create a drum for your young child to explore rhythm and expression through music.
13. Remove the labels from prescription bottles, rubberband a group of them together, and use on your dresser or desk for small items.
14. Use a rubberband to keep a door from latching.
15. Wrap a rubberband around nail tip to use as a guide for a perfect french manicure.
16. Keep your towel from falling off the oven door.
17. Rubberbands can be used as an inexpensive, effective childproofing tool when you are in a pinch.
18. Use rubber bands across any box or drawer for an instant way to stand up recipes, addresses, etc.
19. Have you lost something small, like an earring? Use tights rubber-banded onto your vacuum hose to find it.
20. A way to keep the dosing syringe with the medicine. Use wide rubberbands like the kind that come on broccoli.
21. Keeping kids cups organized – no more using 100 cups a day. Just write their name on a giant rubberband so they know which cup is theirs.
22. Instead of trashing an empty tissue box, rubber band it to a full box of tissues, and use the empty carton as a makeshift trash can.
23. Easy DIY pen holder. Use a frosting container or can, a piece of cork (found at any craft store), glue, and rubberbands. Cut the cork to the length you need to go around the can and glue it on. Use a rubberband to hold it in place until it dries.
24. And the best use EVER! Can’t afford a Bluetooth? Rubber band it. Seriously?
Did we miss anything? Comment below with any creative ways that you use rubberbands.